Toddlers: 18 months - 35 months
We’ve established a learning environment for toddlers that focuses on routines and experiences. We support learning from the time we say goodbye to our families in the morning to the time we say hello in the evening by keeping children safe and happy, responding to your child’s needs and working in partnership with the families. Your toddlers will imitate and pretend during play activities. They will enjoy stories and songs connecting with music and movement. We will create with art, explore sand and water and enjoy the outdoors.
Our curriculum is designed to implement 9 key areas of development and learning:
- Social Emotional – how they understand their own and other’s feelings, regulate and express their emotions appropriately, build relationships with others, and interact in a group.
- Physical – includes children’s gross motor and fine motor skills such as; balance, traveling skills and coordination.
- Language -listens to increasingly complex language, uses language to express thoughts and needs, uses appropriate communication skills.
- Cognitive– intellectual development – demonstrates positive approaches towards learning, remembers and connects experiences, uses classification skills and uses symbols and images to represent something not there.
- Literacy– Demonstrates phonological awareness, phonic skills and word recognition, Demonstrates knowledge of the alphabet, Demonstrates knowledge of print and its uses, comprehends and responds to books and other texts, demonstrates writing skills.
- Mathematics – Uses number concepts and operations, explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes, compares and measures and demonstrates knowledge of patterns.
Science and Technology – demonstrates knowledge of living things and their characteristics and demonstrates knowledge of the physical properties of objects.
- Social Studies – Demonstrates knowledge about self and explores changes related to familiar people or places.
- The Arts – explores the visual arts, music concepts, dance and movement and drama through actions.